The Veryst Material Database is a set of pre-calibrated material models. The already calibrated material models are intended to be used as ‘generic’ models for specific polymers, instead of using, for example, the elastic modulus and Poisson’s ratio from a specification sheet. This means that the behavior of the library model will likely not be an exact match for the behavior of your material due to variability in additives and processing conditions. However, the models have been calibrated to extensive test data and should provide significantly more accurate results than a model based on manufacturer data sheets. Learn more with this brief introduction to the Veryst Material Database.
The models are available in Abaqus, ANSYS Mechanical, LS-DYNA, COMSOL Multiphysics, and MSC.Marc.
The Veryst Material Database includes 22 pre-calibrated material models for common engineering polymers:
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)
- AM CE (additive manufactured cyanate ester)
- AM PA11 (additive manufactured SLS polyamide 11)
- AM PA12 (additive manufactured SLS polyamide 12)
- AM PU (additive manufactured DLS polyurethane)
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber)
- GF PA 66 (polyamide 66, nylon 66), 30% Glass Fiber Filled
- GF PEI (polyetherimide), 30% Glass Fiber Filled
- HDPE (high density polyethylene)
- LLDPE (linear low density polyethylene)
- PA 66 (polyamide 66, nylon 66)
- PC (polycarbonate)
- PEEK (polyether ether ketone), All Rates
- PEEK (polyether ether ketone), Low Rates
- PEEK (polyether ether ketone), Varied Temperatures
- PEI (polyetherimide), All Rates
- PEI (polyetherimide), Low Rates
- PET (polyethylene terephthalate)
- PLLA (poly-L-lactide)
- PP (polypropylene)
- PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene)
To Purchase the Software or Request a Trial License
If you would like a license to use the Veryst Material Database or the PolyUMod and MCalibration software, please visit the Veryst Software Help Center.
If you do not yet have an account you will be asked to create one to log in. From there, you can request information on purchasing a professional license or an academic license, or request a free, two-week trial license.