Veryst Engineering is expanding its simulation team and is seeking an engineer with expertise in acoustic simulation, analysis, and numerical simulation. Knowledge of other physics, including fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, and heat and mass transfer, is a plus. Additional important responsibilities include engineering analysis, providing clients with design recommendations based on your analysis, project management, report writing and presentation preparation, document review, business development, and marketing of technical services. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other engineers on a range of projects that require a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or a physical science.
- Strong academic record and references.
- Proficient at using numerical techniques to solve engineering problems in acoustics.
- Experience conducting high-fidelity acoustic simulations with commercial tools (e.g., COMSOL, ANSYS Acoustics, Abaqus), open-source, or academic codes.
- Experience in performing CFD and FEM simulations.
- Solid understanding of acoustic test methods and measurement systems.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Engaging verbal/written communication skills and ability to interact comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers on a range of projects that require a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well, including ability to prepare presentations, reports, and publications that clearly communicate complex ideas, designs, and results.
- Ability to work well both self-directed and within a team.
Experience in any of the following is useful:
- Design and execution of acoustic experiments, including measuring components, subsystems, and full assemblies, and analyzing results.
- Design and execution of acoustic experiments to measure material properties.
- Course work or experience in fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, and/or heat and mass transfer.
- Prior technical consulting experience, ideally with related business development experience.
Along with competitive base salary and 401k, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Veryst provides generous health benefits and competitive paid vacation/holiday time.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.