Veryst is growing and is currently seeking a full-time bookkeeper.
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable, including monitoring and recording expenditures
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable, including creating invoices and entering and reconciling payments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Manage employee expense report process, credit card activity, and related reconciliations
- Enter all new projects to time-tracker software
- Maintain and update daily cash flow
- Provide occasional (estimated 4-8 hours/week) administrative assistance to company Principal, including preparing communications such as emails for clients, handling miscellaneous client matters, and providing some administrative support on projects
- Prepare basic project budget reports using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Assist with planning for meetings, seminars, special events, and conferences, including managing any related travel or logistics, and providing support during these events when appropriate
- Maintain office supplies, including checking stock to determine inventory levels, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Maintain office equipment, including calling for repairs, monitoring equipment operation
- Assist with maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Handle telephone duties, including answering phones and directing callers to appropriate staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar discipline, or equivalent experience, is required
- At least 3-5 years of relatable experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Accounting or finance background required, with an understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Proven experience working on diverse assignments with competing priorities
- Ability to keep client matters strictly confidential
- Strong planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and initiative
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative to drive results with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Intuit QuickBooks required; experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- References required.
Along with competitive base salary and 401k, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Veryst provides generous health benefits and competitive paid vacation/holiday time.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.