Veryst is seeking a full-time Mechanical Test Technician and Laboratory Manager. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the test lab and shop, organizing and scheduling the laboratory, conducting project experiments, collaborating with engineers, and assisting with some test fixture design. Strong organizational skills are essential, familiarity with a quality management system (QMS) is a plus. Representative duties include: maintaining an up-to-date inventory of the lab; ensuring equipment is in correct working order; scheduling calibration and maintenance; mechanical testing of polymers and other engineering materials; and working with engineers to design custom test fixtures for internal and customer use. Strong references required, as well as an associate’s degree (or higher).
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and well-stocked lab
- Maintaining lab equipment and calibrations with external vendors
- Generating and maintaining documentation required for testing
- Operating universal mechanical test equipment (electromechanical and servo-hydraulic)
- Designing and using custom fixtures and test devices, including CAD
- Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering technology or a comparable field
- Prior industry experience desired but not required
- Hands-on experience running mechanical tests or fabricating machines
- Experience designing and fabricating test fixtures and/or mechanical components
- Ability to work well both self-directed and within a team
- Substantial experience analyzing and summarizing experimental data
- Expertise with CAD, particularly SolidWorks
- Experience with data acquisition software/hardware
- Experience with wiring of load cells, amplifiers, etc.
- Familiarity with Digital Image Correlation (DIC) desired
- Familiarity with laboratory quality and controls processes (e.g., ISO, FDA, ASTM, UL) a plus
Along with competitive base salary and 401k, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Veryst provides generous health benefits and competitive paid vacation/holiday time.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.