Multiphysics Analysis for Medical Devices Using COMSOL Multiphysics—October 2020
Two-Day, Online Training Class
This two-day, online class will cover the efficient use of COMSOL Multiphysics to solve problems in the medical device industry. It covers modeling challenges specific to medical devices, and several examples including tissue ablation and a cardiovascular application. The class includes technical lectures, hands-on COMSOL examples, and assistance on specific models from course registrants.
- Current state of simulations in the medical device industry
- Overview of the physics areas common to medical device simulation:
- Structural mechanics, fluid flow, acoustics, electromagnetics, heat transfer, species transport, and particle tracing
- Efficient use of COMSOL Multiphysics:
- Nonlinearity, multiphysics coupling, convergence, solution monitoring
- Challenges relevant in medical device modeling:
- Biological material modeling--large deformation, viscoplasticity, strain-rate dependence
- Blood modeling--single phase vs. multiphase, Newtonian vs. non-Newtonian
- Damage modeling
- Electromagnetic tissue heating
- Piezoelectric devices
- Medical device examples:
- Includes RF tissue ablation and artificial lung compliant chamber
- Assistance on specific models from course registrants
This course is intended for people with some experience in using COMSOL Multiphysics, and basic knowledge of finite element analysis.
A 14-day free trial version of COMSOL Multiphysics will be made available for installation prior to the start of class.
Everyone who registers for the course will get a copy of the training class notes. Notes are for personal use and cannot be modified, shared or redistributed.
To register for the October 28-29, 2020 Multiphysics Analysis for Medical Devices Using COMSOL Multiphysics—October 2020 web-based course:
Use our online registration form (see below) or print out this page and submit by one of the following:
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 781.433.0933
- Mail to:
- Veryst Engineering
- 47A Kearney Road
- Needham, MA 02492
The fee for this two-day course is $700.
Deadline for registration is: Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
Registration after this date will incur a late registration fee of $200.
Veryst reserves the right to reject registrations and to cancel a training class based on class size. A full refund will be made if a class is canceled. If a participant cancels a registration more than 5 days before the class then an 80% refund will be given. There is no refund for cancellations during the last 5 days before the class.