Veryst Engineering is seeking a full-time Mechanical and Materials Test Engineer. Candidate will collaborate with other engineers on a range of engineering projects that require strong understanding of engineering fundamentals. Responsibilities include operation of universal mechanical test equipment (electromechanical and servo-hydraulic), generation and maintenance of documentation required for assigning testing, summarizing data, engineering analysis, and maintenance of laboratory quality certification. Representative projects include impact testing and advanced mechanical testing of polymers. Bachelor’s degree or associate's degree in mechanical engineering, plastic engineering, materials science, or comparable field required with 2 years industry experience or educational equivalent desired. Good organizational skills essential. Strong academic record and references required. Familiarity with laboratory quality and controls processes (e.g., ISO, FDA, ASTM, UL) useful. Hands-on experience with mechanical testing and materials behavior necessary. Candidate should have demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well, analyze multi-faceted problems and be able to work well both self-directed and within a team.
- Experience running standard and non-standard mechanical tests.
- Ability to interpret testing and quality standards and manage laboratory certification.
- Manage ISO 17025 laboratory certification.
- Experience with Data Acquisition software/hardware.
- Experience designing and making unique test fixtures.
- Experience with wiring of load cells, amplifiers, etc.
- Hands-on experience with power tools and light duty machine tools.
- Familiarity with CAD, such as SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with DIC.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.
To inquire about career opportunities at Veryst, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org