Join our engineering team! Veryst Engineering is seeking a full-time engineer who will have responsibilities in electromagnetic simulation and analysis. Knowledge of structural mechanics, fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer, optics and/or acoustics is a plus. Additional important responsibilities include engineering analysis, design recommendations, project management, report writing and presentation preparation, document review and summarizing, and business development and marketing of technical services.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or a physical science with six months or more experience in modeling low frequency electromagnetic applications based on numerical methods, such as the finite element method, FDTD, MoM, or similar.
- Strong background in computational electromagnetics, Maxwell’s equations, and numerical methods with demonstrated modeling experience in one or more of the following applications: transformers, motors, generators, coils, capacitive, resistive or inductive systems, permanent magnets/electromagnets, EMI/EMC. Flexibility to apply these skills across a range of application areas.
- High frequency electromagnetics experience and/or full field optical simulations would be valued.
- Strong academic record and references.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with COMSOL Multiphysics, ANSYS Maxwell, or HFSS.
- Engaging verbal/written communication skills and ability to interact comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers on a range of projects that require a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well, including ability to prepare presentations, reports, and publications that clearly communicate complex ideas, designs, and results.
- Ability to work well both self-directed and within a team.
Experience in any of the following is useful:
- Courses taken in computational electromagnetics, partial differential equations etc. are desirable
- Experience or courses taken in heat/mass transfer, fluid mechanics, acoustics, and structural mechanics are desirable – as is any multi-physics simulation experience
- Experience in any of the following industries:
- Medical Devices
- Consumer Products
- High Performance Computing
Along with competitive base salary and 401k, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Veryst provides generous health benefits and competitive paid vacation/holiday time.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.
For strictly confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com