Veryst is seeking a full-time mechanical test engineer and laboratory manager. The candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments, collaborating with other engineers, and maintaining our mechanical testing lab. Representative projects include: impact testing and advanced mechanical testing of polymers; designing custom test fixtures for internal and customer use; and conducting experiments to validate finite element analysis predictions. Good organizational skills essential. Strong academic record and references required.
- Operating universal mechanical test equipment (electromechanical and servo-hydraulic)
- Designing and using custom fixtures and test devices
- Analyzing and summarizing experimental data
- Engineering analysis and problem solving
- CAD creation, modification, and design
- Maintaining lab equipment and external calibrations
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and well-stocked lab
- Generating and maintaining documentation required for testing and maintenance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, plastics engineering, materials science, or comparable field required.
- Prior industry experience desired but not required.
- Hands-on experience running standard and non-standard mechanical tests.
- Expertise with CAD, particularly SolidWorks. Experience with CAD repair and preparing CAD for FE simulations desired.
- Experience designing and fabricating test fixtures and/or mechanical components.
- Ability to interpret testing and quality standards to perform and adapt test methods.
- Ability to write and modify data analysis scripts (e.g., MATLAB and/or Python scripts).
- Experience with data acquisition software/hardware.
- Hands-on experience with power tools and light duty machine tools.
- Experience with wiring of load cells, amplifiers, etc.
- Familiarity with Digital Image Correlation (DIC) desired.
- Familiarity with laboratory quality and controls processes (e.g., ISO, FDA, ASTM, UL) useful.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well.
- Ability to work well both self-directed and within a team.
Along with competitive base salary and 401k, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Veryst provides generous health benefits and competitive paid vacation/holiday time.
Veryst believes strongly in maintaining a healthy work environment. The firm emphasizes superior technical content, a cooperative work environment, and honest interaction between staff. Veryst is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veryst is seeking diverse candidates with an interest in community involvement and social justice. We create meaningful connections in our communities.
For strictly confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org