Polymer Testing for Finite Element Modeling
Free, One-hour Webinar
This new, web-based class will present advanced material testing methods targeting material characterization for Finite Element (FE) modeling. We will discuss designing a test plan, understanding limitations of different test and measurement systems, and how to take your experimental data out of the lab and into your FE model.
This class is intended for laboratory engineers, laboratory technicians, CAE engineers, and engineering managers that want to improve their ability to test and model polymer materials. Having a basic understanding of engineering mechanics is necessary to understand the concepts presented here.
The class material is independent of the FE code used (e.g. Abaqus, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, COMSOL, Radioss, etc.)
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- design a test plan for all classes of polymers, including thermoplastics, elastomers, foams, gels, and biological materials
- recognize basic testing issues
- determine what tests are appropriate for your materials
- understand what measurement systems are appropriate for your materials and tests
- specify potential material model validation tests
The November 12, 2020 Polymer Testing for Finite Element Modeling web-based course is free, but registration is required and class size is limited.
Use our on-line registration form (see below) or print out this page and submit by one of the following:
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 781.433.0933
- Mail to:
- Veryst Engineering
- 47A Kearney Road
- Needham, MA 02492
Deadline for registration is: Friday, November 6, 2020.
Veryst reserves the right to reject registrations and to cancel a webinar based on class size.