Abaqus: Hyperelastic model with stress softening
This test program is recommended for modeling rubbers and other polymers that exhibit stress softening, also known as Mullins effect.
* MULLINS EFFECT
We recommend the following base tests:
|Description||# Repeats||# Specimens|
Depending on the complexity of loading or deformation, we may recommend the following additional tests:
|Test ID||Description||# Repeats||# Specimens|
|PT003||Planar tension test||2||2|
|VC003||Volumetric compression test||2||2|
- These tests are performed at room temperature. For other temperatures see ABQ006.
- Stabilized/pre-conditioned stress softening response will be provided for up to 3 or 4 strain levels, except for VC003.
- Virgin elastic response will also be provided for all the tests.
- UC003 may provide non-homogeneous stress/strain data. Inverse calibration procedures may be necessary.
- Veryst will provide a calibrated material model for the observed response and the material.
- The resulting set of parameters can be used directly in Abaqus CAE or the input file.
- 3 tensile (dog-bone) specimens
- 3 planar tension specimens
- 3 compression cylinder specimens
- 3 volumetric compression specimens
See the description of individual tests for details on specimen geometries. Note that we request extra specimens to ensure a sufficient supply of specimens for valid testing.
Veryst can also assist in molding standard and non-standard test specimens. Please contact us if you are interested in discussing this option.
Veryst can perform additional validation, depending on the target material and the simulation application, through any of the following tests and component level FE simulation:
- Impact testing
- Micro-to-macro indentation responses
For a customized quotation, please write to us at email@example.com and indicate the Test ID (ABQ003), type of material, test temperatures, specimen geometries available, or other relevant details.