Abaqus: Linear visco-hyperelastic model with stress softening
This test program is recommended for modeling the viscoelastic response of rubbers and other polymers that exhibit the same relaxation behavior over a range of deformation, accompanied by stress softening.
* MULLINS EFFECT
We recommend the following base tests:
|Test ID||Description||# Strain Levels||# Repeats||# Specimens|
|UT005||Stress relaxation test||2||2||4|
Depending on the complexity of loading or deformation, we may recommend the following additional tests:
|test id||description||# strain levels||# repeats||# specimens|
|PT003||Planar tension test||1||2||2|
|VC003||Volumetric compression test||1||2||2|
|VC005||Volumetric stress relaxation test||2||2||4|
- These tests are performed at room temperature. For other temperatures see ABQ010.
- Stress relaxation from 2 or more strain levels is recommended to determine if a linear viscoelastic model is appropriate for this material.
- UC003 may provide non-homogeneous stress/strain data. Inverse calibration procedures may be necessary.
- VC003 and VC005 are not needed for an incompressible material.
- Veryst will provide a calibrated material model (either a built-in Abaqus or PolyUMod® model) for the observed response and the material.
- The resulting set of parameters can be used directly in Abaqus CAE or the input file.
- 10 tensile (dog-bone) specimens
- 3 planar tension specimens
- 3 compression cylinder specimens
- 10 volumetric compression specimens
See the description of individual tests for details on specimen geometries. Note that we request extra specimens to ensure a sufficient supply of specimens for valid testing.
Veryst can also assist in molding standard and non-standard test specimens. Please contact us if you are interested in discussing this option.
Veryst can perform additional validation, depending on the target material and the simulation application, through any of the following tests and any necessary component level FE simulation:
- Impact testing
- Micro-to-macro indentation responses
- Compression relaxation tests
- Cyclic test with loading/unloading between different strain levels and zero stress level at different rates
For a customized quotation, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the Test ID (ABQ008), type of material, test temperatures, specimen geometries available, or other relevant details.