CFD Modeling for mRNA Vaccine Production
Free, One-hour Webinar
This webinar will introduce how to model fluid mixing and nanoparticle self-assembly for mRNA vaccine production using COMSOL Multiphysics and Ansys Fluent. Such models can rapidly expedite experimental design for small-batch or production-scale applications. Users will learn how to couple fluid dynamics, chemical species transport, and population balance models to predict mixing times and nanoparticle size distributions in these systems.
Dr. Joseph Barakat is a Senior Engineer at Veryst Engineering. Dr. Barakat has expertise in computational fluid dynamics, complex fluids, and transport phenomena. He has extensive experience modeling fluids and fluidic systems for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, industrial processes, and energy storage systems.
Dr. Barakat earned his Ph.D. from Stanford University in Chemical Engineering, with research focusing on CFD simulations for microfluidic flows containing suspended particulates. Prior to joining Veryst, Dr. Barakat was an NIH Ruth Kirschstein Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Familiarity with concepts from fluid dynamics, CFD, and lipid nanoparticle self-assembly is helpful but not required.
- Understand key challenges in CFD modeling of laminar and turbulent mixing
- Evaluate mixing times in microfluidic and turbulent micro-mixing devices
- Learn how CFD models may be used to facilitate scale-up between laboratory-, pilot-, and production-scale systems
- Learn how to simplify kinetic models of self-assembly and couple to CFD
- Learn how to extract nanoparticle size distributions from population balance models
The February 15, 2024 CFD Modeling for mRNA Vaccine Production web-based course is free, but registration is required and class size is limited.
Use our on-line registration form (see below) or print out this page and submit by one of the following:
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 781.433.0933
- Mail to:
- Veryst Engineering
- 47A Kearney Road
- Needham, MA 02492
Deadline for registration is Monday, February 12, 2024.
Veryst reserves the right to reject registrations and to cancel a webinar based on class size.
* You will receive an email confirmation once you have completed your registration.
* You will receive an email with login information the day before the webinar.