Advanced Structural Mechanics Using COMSOL Multiphysics
Two-Day, In-Person Training Class
This class will cover most of the structural analysis capabilities in COMSOL Multiphysics including large deformations, material models, contact mechanics, and convergence issues. The class includes technical lectures and hands-on COMSOL examples.
Nagi H. Elabbasi, Ph.D.
Stuart B. Brown, Ph.D.
- Introduction and basic theory
- Structural analysis types:
- Stationary, transient dynamic, frequency domain, eigenfrequency, linearized buckling, modal analysis
- Analysis domains:
- 3D solids, 2D solids, shells, membranes, beams, trusses
- Loads, constraints, boundary conditions
- Nonlinear analysis:
- Sources of nonlinearity, convergence, solver settings, solution monitoring
- Material models:
- Elastic, viscoelastic
- Hyperelastic, elastic-plastic, viscoplastic, creep, material calibration
- Contact modeling:
- Friction, dynamic contact, multiphysics contact
- Miscellaneous topics, such as:
- Fatigue analysis, porous materials, piezoelectric materials, temperature effects, damping
This course is intended for people with some experience in using COMSOL Multiphysics, and basic knowledge of finite element analysis.
Attendees must bring their own laptop computer. A 14-day free trial version of COMSOL Multiphysics will be made available for installation prior to the start of class.
Everyone who registers for the course will get a copy of the training class notes. Notes are for personal use and cannot be modified, shared or redistributed.
To register for the September 16-17, 2020 Advanced Structural Mechanics Using COMSOL Multiphysics web-based course:
Use our on-line registration form (see below) or print out this page and submit by one of the following:
Scan and email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 781.433.0933
- Veryst Engineering
- 47 Kearney Road
- Needham, MA 02492
The fee for this two-day course is $1700.
Deadline for registration is: Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Registration after this date will incur a late registration fee of $200.
Veryst reserves the right to reject registrations and to cancel a training class based on class size. A full refund will be made if a class is canceled. If a participant cancels a registration more than 5 days before the class then an 80% refund will be given. There is no refund for cancellations during the last 5 days before the class.