Advanced Structural Mechanics Using COMSOL Multiphysics
Two-Day, Online Training Class
This two-day, online class will cover most of the structural analysis capabilities in COMSOL Multiphysics including large deformations, material models, contact mechanics, and convergence issues. The class includes technical lectures and hands-on COMSOL examples.
- Introduction and basic theory
- Structural analysis types:
- Stationary, transient dynamic, frequency domain, eigenfrequency, linearized buckling, modal analysis
- Analysis domains:
- 3D solids, 2D solids, shells, membranes, beams, trusses
- Loads, constraints, boundary conditions
- Nonlinear analysis:
- Sources of nonlinearity, convergence, solver settings, solution monitoring
- Material models:
- Elastic, viscoelastic
- Hyperelastic, elastic-plastic, viscoplastic, creep, material calibration
- Contact modeling:
- Friction, dynamic contact, multiphysics contact
- Miscellaneous topics, such as:
- Fatigue analysis, porous materials, piezoelectric materials, temperature effects, damping
This course is intended for people with some experience in using COMSOL Multiphysics, and basic knowledge of finite element analysis.
A 14-day free trial version of COMSOL Multiphysics will be made available for installation prior to the start of class.
Everyone who registers for the course will get a copy of the training class notes. Notes are for personal use and cannot be modified, shared or redistributed.
To register for the September 16-17, 2020 Advanced Structural Mechanics Using COMSOL Multiphysics web-based course:
Use our online registration form (see below) or print out this page and submit by one of the following:
Scan and email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 781.433.0933
- Veryst Engineering
- 47 Kearney Road
- Needham, MA 02492
The fee for this two-day course is $700.
Deadline for registration is: Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Registration after this date will incur a late registration fee of $200.
Veryst reserves the right to reject registrations and to cancel a training class based on class size. A full refund will be made if a class is canceled. If a participant cancels a registration more than 5 days before the class then an 80% refund will be given. There is no refund for cancellations during the last 5 days before the class.